Reservations & Waitlist
- While walk-ins are welcome, we recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. For your convenience, we also have a free Bar Method app available for your phone. When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation may be given away to someone on the waitlist.
- You may call in your reservation up to 30 minutes prior to the start of class, however we strongly encourage using the online reservation system. We make this recommendation as the online reservations may book the class to capacity. We do not accept reservations left on our voicemail or via email.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification. Please reply to the email immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- Classes may be canceled if there are less than 3 people signed up for class. This decision will be made at least 2 hours prior to class for daytime and evening classes and by 9pm the evening before early morning classes.
- Barre class cancellations could also occur due to staff illness. We will try to avoid this at all costs, but please be aware that this is a possibility
Cancellations & No-shows
- Please cancel within one hour of class start time.
- You may cancel online or by calling the studio.
- We make this request to give all clients a chance to take your spot if the class fills up.
Late Arrival to Class
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 15 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter an ongoing class up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees, a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles with water only are allowed. Please, no colored liquids.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the barre studio. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a very important phone call. Otherwise, store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- If you arrive for class late, please lift your legs 40 times before joining the class
- First-time new students who are pregnant must be in their first trimester and have a written doctor’s note allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Current members who are pregnant must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- Refer to Pregnant Or Post Natal for detailed modification information.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctors note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
- Level 1: Emphasis on Bar Method basics, great for all levels, particularly beginners.
- Level 2: Advanced, fast-paced class. You must have taken at least 20 classes in the last 12 months, 5 of them must be within the last month at The Bar Method to be eligible. This is for your safety to make sure that you are strong and confident, with proper form to participate.
- Move: Advanced fast-paced class designed to keep your heart rate high as you sweat and get out-of-breath. More cardio and aerobic feel. Must have taken at least 20 classes in the last 12 months, 5 of them must be within the last month at The Bar Method to be eligible.
- Class times subject to change. Please check our online reservation system for the most up-to-date schedule and to reserve your spot at the Bar. Reservations are recommended.
- All classes start on time. Returning students may enter up to 10 minutes after class has started, and are required to lift their knees 30 times prior to joining class. New students please arrive 15 minutes prior to class.
- Attire: Exercise pants to the knee or below and tops that cover the midriff. Socks are also required.